Many of the databases that SPL subscribes to for you offer information found nowhere on the Web, and most can be accessed from any computer with Internet access. Here’s how:
- Go to the SPL homepage at www.spl.org
- Click on the Databases and Websites link in the middle of the page under the word “Browse” (or click here). You will see several categories of databases and websites which you can browse.
- For an alphabetical list of the the databases, click on the link in the green sidebar that says “Databases A-Z.” Click on that link or click here.
- You will see a list of databases with a small blue or gold logo beside the name. The blue logo means that you can access that database from anywhere with your SPL card number and PIN. The gold logo with the little roof over the card image means those databases can only be accessed from inside the library. Companies providing databases set their licensing rules; we comply in order to provide the resource to you.
- When you click on the name of a database, you’ll be given a screen that asks you to type in your SPL library card number and PIN. Once you do, you’ll be taken to the database you chose.
That’s it! The world is your oyster and Bob’s your uncle!