Discover the artistry of choreographer Jerome Robbins at a lecture and video preview of Pacific Northwest Ballet’s program, All Robbins. All Robbins includes three ballets: Fancy Free, In the Night and The Concert (or, The Perils of Everybody) with music by Leonard Bernstein and Chopin.
Doug Fullington, Educational Programs Manager at PNB will discuss the cheorographer and the three ballets and answer questions from the audience. This free preview takes place at the Central Library in the Microsoft Auditorium at noon on Tuesday, May 27.
If you’d rather read about Jerome Robbins life, or listen to the music of Bernstein and Chopin, may we suggest:
- Somewhere: The life of Jerome Robbins by Amanda Vaill.
- Dance with Demons: The Life of Jerome Robbins by Greg Lawrence.
- Jerome Robbins: His Life, His Theater, His Dance by Deborah Jowitt.
- Jerome Robbins: That Broadway Man, That Ballet Man by Christine Conrad.
- Fancy Free / Leonard Bernstein
- Waltzes and Nocturnes / Chopin – Includes Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2. and Op. 27, Nos. 1 and 2.
- Favourite Chopin / Chopin – Includes Nocturne Op. 55, No. 1 and Op. 9, No. 2
- 24 Preludes / Chopin – Includes op. 28 ; Ballade op. 23 ; Fantaisie op. 49 ; Scherzo op. 20