Every New Year resolutions are made. Some go on diets. Some pledge to save. Some pledge to write those thank you cards in a timely manner. Me, I resolve to do all of those things, but I usually also resolve to read more and more broadly. Not that I always succeed.
Here are some more general prompts or inspirations that I am going to try this year, to keep me honest:
- I will read a big book (one of those doorstops I have heard are good, but have been avoiding)
- I will read a book in translation
- I will read a book with a bad cover (I will admit it, I judge books by their covers)
- I will read a romance with a steamy cover on the bus
- I will read a book of short stories
- I will read genre fiction (ie. science fiction, fantasy, mystery, westerns, etc.)
- I will read a book a friend told me to read
- I will read a reprint
- I will reread a book I loved
- I will read a nonfiction book
- I will read a local author
Here is a link to some more reader’s resolutions…
What will your reading resolutions be?