~posted by Robin
Often, I find myself wanting to connect my darling offspring with the rich world of imagination and ideas that can be found in children’s literature. At other times, my motivation for handing them books falls on the more practical side of life. This is a list for times like those:
- Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids by Rob Elliot
- Guinness World Records
Be prepared to discuss fingernails.
- Let’s Count to 100! by Masayuki Sebe
Eleven times! That’s at least 18 minutes of counting fun.
- Comics Squad: Recess! by various awesome graphic novelists
Comic books + Recess = Not boring
- Welcome To Mamoko by Aleksandra Mizielińska
If you’ve ever wished Where’s Waldo was cooler and Polish.
- Ed Emberley’s Drawing Book of Animals by Ed Emberley
A scribble plus two dots equals a shaggy dog. Brilliant.
- The LEGO Ideas Book by Daniel Lipkowitz
Watch your step!
- Making Paper Airplanes by David Woodroffe
- Mind Benders
The cover alone will let you load the dishwasher uninterrupted.
- (Because you always have one more thing to do) The Great Big Book of Magic Tricks by Joe Fullman
That was my card!