Interacting with the library online
Here are some guidelines for online conduct.
What You Can Expect of Us
Our aim is to create online communities around the Library and its services. We will keep our library communities like our libraries: a safe and supportive environment.
Public postings do not indicate Library endorsement of the ideas, issues, hyperlinks or commentary posted. Additionally, endorsement is not implied via “following,” “friending,” or otherwise linking to other online entities.
What We Expect of You
The following will not be tolerated when interacting with the Library and/or its users online:
- Potentially libelous comments
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Obscene or racist comments
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Personal attacks, insults or threatening language
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Postings of, or request for, personal information, such as phone number, address, financial accounts, etc.
- Impersonation of someone else
- Commercial messages, including advertisements and solicitations
- Support for or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures
Posts, reviews or any public commentary containing any of the above will be deleted.
In the case of chat, text or e-mail services, if you use abusive or inappropriate language, we will terminate the session and take appropriate action. We respect the privacy of your identity; however, persons making threats or using offensive language may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
By posting a review or comment, participants agree to indemnify the Library and its officers and employees from and against all liabilities, judgments, damages and costs (including attorney fees) incurred by any of them which arise out of or are related to the content that you post. All postings are public records under RCW Chapter 42.56.