If you love magazines and newspapers but need to limit your personal subscriptions, or if you’re trying to keep up with current events via reputable sources without worrying about firewalls, you may be interested in a giant online periodical resource called PressReader that is available free to Seattle Public Library cardholders, through our website.
Why try PressReader:
- Free access to more than 7,000 magazines and newspapers from the US and around the world.
- Original print layout provides an online experience that mimics print, with images intact.
- Read articles in dozens of original languages; some articles also offer translation from one language to another.
- Adjust text size to match your preferences or have articles read aloud to you.
- Engage with other readers by commenting on articles within PressReader, or sharing them with friends via email and social media. (Requires making a free account.)
- Download the app to take your reading material with you wherever you go.
How to get started: Continue reading “Free Access to Magazines and Newspapers through PressReader”